Saturday, September 5, 2009

HOLLYWOOD'S MOST DOWN TO EARTH ACTOR, PAUL RUDD




How adorable is Paul Rudd in these photos I took near our local park and coffee shop? Paul Rudd is an actor - he was in "Clueless," most recently seen in "I Love You Man" & "Role Models."

JOHN AND I WERE WALKING THE DOGS
As we walked through the Rittenhouse Square Park, for our normal evening stroll, we quickly noticed a movie was being filmed.

We stopped across the street from where all of the cameras were to see all the action. Of course we were quickly ushered along by a mouthy blond woman because we were "in the shot."

I was a little perplexed because we saw random people on the sidewalk and this woman only had an issue with me, john and the girls. As we moved closer into the park, as she instructed, we let two little girls pet the pups.

We then heard, "YOU'RE STILL IN THE SHOT!" I felt miffed because the other people weren't being told to move.

I heard "ACTION" and realized the girls who were petting the dogs and the people allowed in the sidewalk were extras in the movie - too funny!

We tried to locate the stars of the movie and found out it was a scene with Paul Rudd and Jack Nicholson. They're in Philadelphia shooting a film with Reese Witherspoon and Owen Wilson, tentatively entitled, "How Do You Know."

The scene consisted of Rudd and Nicholson having a brief conversation and Rudd sprinting down the street in a suit. He rounded the corner past us and we heard "CUT." Rudd casually walked back to set in our direction.

John and Doris walked straight up to him to get a picture with his Blackberry camera phone and I saw that they were almost eye to eye with him. John later explained, "I pushed the button to take the picture, looked up and made eye contact with him, we both smiled at each other and he walked away."

Unfortunately his picture was a big blur, which was really disappointing because the only one I got was a partial photo of him shaking some guys hand (see first photo above) and a shot of the back of him walking away.

We both felt a little defeated as we failed on our paparazzi efforts - especially since the last time we saw a celebrity we didn't take any photos - when we saw Neil Patrick Harris a few months ago.

SEEING PAUL RUDD OUTSIDE THE COFFEE SHOP
We left that section of the park and went to get coffee at our local java house. John handed me Doris and went in to get us drinks.

As I stood in front of the shop I noticed that the smoking hot girl next to me (with a large Louis Vuitton purse) had her iPhone directed at the trailers down the way. I saw two security guards giving two older overly tan women with spiky platinum blond hair a hard time because they were standing too close to Rudd's trailer.

One security guard walked up to me and "hot Louis girl" and said, "I didn't know that Paul was so well known."

I replied, "He was in one of my all-time favorite movies - "Clueless" - like duh!" We all giggled at that comment and the guard mentioned that Rudd will be walking past us in a minute, so we should get our cameras ready.

SIDE NOTE: If I wasn't standing next to "hot Louis girl," I'm sure I wouldn't have received this tip - mental note - always stand next to a hot woman when trying to get photos of male celebrities.

Sure enough, he walked out of his trailer and a mob of people across the street came running towards him, passing me and "hot Louis girl."

I was able to get some nice photos of him with my iPhone as he posed with some girls, see photos above. He mentioned he needed to run because he had to catch a train to NYC. I kept clicking away until he jumped into his Lincoln Town car.

It was cool that he sat in the passenger seat instead of getting in the back. He was super nice, shorter than I thought and very attractive.

SIDE STORY
While in the coffee shop a guy exclaimed, "That's the brother from Clueless," and pointed in John's direction/out the window. A young woman walked up to John and said, "Oh geez, I didn't recognize you!" John laughed and showed her Paul Rudd through the window.

ENDING
John walked out of the coffee shop and I saw crumbs on his chin. I asked, "Why do you have crumbs on your chin?" I could tell he was embarrassed to admit, "I hate a cupcake while you were snapping the photos."

I wondered why he didn't come out to take photos with me - apparently he thought if I was distracted with the hoopla going on outside and I wouldn't see him sneaking a tasty treat. Too funny that the evidence was all over his face!

HOLLYWOOD'S MOST DOWN TO EARTH ACTOR
Paul Rudd is the coolest! I hope he gets more starring roles and look forward to watching him in many more hilarious movies in upcoming years!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Earth is a documentary movie.This is very interesting movie.. i like this movie very much...I watch Earth movie from this website....