Saturday, September 5, 2009

HOW ENJOYING 'HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER' MAKES ME AN OLD FART

Unique, charming, hilarious and uplifting - it's very rare for a half-hour comedy to take you full circle in emotions and leave you craving more!

How I Met Your Mother is new to my life, but will forever be on my list of "Must See TV." I started watching this summer - after I had dinner near Neil Patrick Harris and saw I Love You Man with Jason Segel - two of the main stars of the show.

WHATS WEIRD: It's a comedy on CBS. I've always thought CBS was network for the old geezer and purple hairs of the country. Instead it hosts the freshest comedies, coolest reality shows (Big Brother, Survivor and Amazing Race) and a sweet new drama called The Good Wife with Julianna Margulies (loved her on E.R. and she rocked it out in the premiere episode).

Dare I say I've become a fan of CBS? Life is getting very weird in Philadelphia - maybe because I'm surrounded by a lot of old people, buildings, ideas, and did I say old people? I believe enjoying CBS instead of the WB means I'm growing up...but you have my permission to shoot me when I start writing how much I enjoyed PBS on Friday and Saturday night!

1 comment:

Robyn (aka Food Girl) said...

I LOVE HIMYM! Great show...so ridiculously funny and you are so not an old fart to like it...hello the characters are all 30/31! Its strange but I used to be an NBC addict and it seems like I'm finding more shows on CBS now too...