Why I dressed up like Frankenstein and what exactly happened at Frankfest 2010?
Frankfest 2010 was a promotional event I produced for the City of Philadelphia's Mural Arts Program. This summer the organization unveiled a new tour product called the Mural Mile - this was one of the many events programmed to draw attention to these free downloadable audio/cell phone tours. For more information: www.muralarts.org/muralmile
Here's what happened at Frankfest 2010:
- Guests met MAP Executive Director Jane Golden and Dave McShane, the muralist who painted the Mural at Dirty Franks
- Acclaimed Frank Sinatra performer, Rich DeSimone, sang classic Sinatra tunes throughout the event
- Philadelphia's most famous Frank, Ben Franklin, was on hand offering guests intriguing historical Philadelphia factoids
- Two adorable frankfurters, Frankenstein and the Bride of Frankenstein greeted guests, danced and smiled for photos
- Free frankfurters - America's favorite "Frank" themed food - was served to those named Frank, Francine, Frankie, etc. and to those who dressed in a Frank themed costume
GOOD TIMES HAD BY ALL!