Wednesday, March 3, 2010

HEY, SOUL SISTER



I'm totally digging Train's new single "Hey Soul Sister." It has a funky-reggae-beach vibe full of contagious beats that cause spontaneous "bust a moves" in my office desk chair, on the street corner and on the treadmill.

It's one of those catchy songs that's so simple - it's simply awesome! The song of summer 2010? I hope so! Listen to on the beach, sipping margaritas around the pool or in the car driving with the top down.

Train's lead singer Pat Monahan's voice is one I've grown accustomed to for a number of years as he's performed several hits for the "mellow rock" crowd. Like my love for Jason Mraz's "I’m Yours," this song will be added to many playlists for years to come.

My favorite lyrics:

  • Your lipstick stains on the front lobe of my left side brains
  • You're sweet moving - the smell of you in every single dream I dream

  • Hey Soul Sister ain't that mister mister on the radio - stereo - the way you move ain't fair you know

  • I'm so glad you have a one track mind like me - you gave my life direction, a game show love connection we can't deny

  • I'm so obsessed, my heart is bound to beat out of my untrimmed chest

No comments: