Tuesday, February 9, 2010

RICHARD SIMMONS STARRED IN MY DREAM LAST NIGHT





I had a stomach ache last night and was moaning like a little kid who needed his mommy to comfort him.

John turned over and asked if I was OK. I responded, "I may throw-up but I'll be fine." Minutes later I was off in la-la land, exhausted from a long day of work and play.

Per our normal morning protocol, I woke up to John's phone alarm at 6 a.m. John hit the snooze button and I remember dreaming about being at Wrigley Field and drifted back into sleep.

The alarm sounded and John hit snooze once again. I stayed in my dream until the alarm sounded the third time and John got out of bed.

I've grown accustomed to waking up and falling back asleep as it happens every week day and today was my lucky day - I vividly remember superstar fitness icon Richard Simmons making a surprise appearance in my dream!

No it wasn't the type of dream that had me in a bathtub caressing him, eating strawberries off his chest and licking whip cream off his toes.

This dream combined my urning for the Chicago Cubs to start their season and me being star struck with every one's favorite flamboyant gym teacher.

The following sequence of events are as clear as day for me - I can still see his charismatic face and the skimpy gym outfit he was wearing.

I was at Wrigley Field making my way to the bleachers with my brother Ryan and his two girlfriends. I had a beer in each hand and was thinking about getting a hot dog when I spotted him out of the corner of my eye.

I exclaimed to my brother, "Oh my God, it's Richard Simmons!"

I reacted like a 16 year old who just saw her favorite boy band - Jonas/Timberlake - member. He was a much younger version of his current self, wearing the typical red, white and blue skimpy shorts and tank.

I walked right up to him to get my picture taken - I wrapped my arm around him like we were long lost friends and my brother took our photo.

Suddenly, my friend Robbie, former co-worker Chris and one of John's former employees Bill arrived on the scene and jumped at the opportunity to be in the photo with me and my new pal - this was a weird mix of people, which happens all the time in my dreams.

I then looked at the man of the hour, the star of my dream - and showered him with praise for what he's done for the chubby members of the world.

THE WEIRDEST PART...Richard Simmons never said a thing, not one word! He blushed and fluttered his eyes at me like a little school girl - but not one darn word out of his big mouth. He is never short on words in real life - why didn't he speak to me?

No comments: