Friday, June 19, 2009

BUMPING INTO PEREZ HILTON IN CHICAGO



You might be familiar with famed celebrity blogger Perez Hilton...his blog is probably the most famous celebrity blog in the world, something I try to read daily to get all the latest juice from Hollywood's elite. I bumped into him last weekend, here's the story:

My friend Victoria and I were walking out of Chicago's (the newly remodeled) Mini Bar and out of the corner of my eye I noticed Perez Hilton entering the bar.

I placed my right hand on his shoulder and said, "Perez Hilton, you're here!"

He looked straight ahead, never making eye contact with me and walked into the bar. Looking back on it I felt like he was a deer in headlights when I touched him, he looked a little scared, which is weird since I don't think I look too threatening.

My pocket camera was in toe but after our BYOB dinner I was unfortunately too boozed up remember to take a photo. He's as short and chunky as you probably envisioned and came into the bar with a gaggle of chubby girls.

I then walked back into the bar and talked to the bartender about Perez making an appearance. He said that his publicist called to arrange his appearance at the bar and he wanted to make sure they had plenty of security and a roped off area for him and his crew.

I released this info on my facebook.com page over the weekend and here is how my "facebook peeps" reacted:

Bridget Dooley at 9:58am June 13
What a DIVA!!!!

Katie Stancati Muhtaris at 10:20am June 13
I can't believe that he makes it seem like he's all friendly with his fans what a super DIVA

Chris Badowski at 10:44am June 13
first of all, his real name is not hilton and he only scammed that for publicity...so if he wants publicity, he should honor his fans. screw 'em.

how are you??

Joel Brown Frank Monhead at 12:51pm June 13
He probably thought you were ex Miss California

Bridget Dooley at 12:35am June 13
WHOA!! I would be slightly star struck, I admit it.

Phil Rickertsen at 1:14am June 13
Ewww!

Michael Schlosser at 1:20am June 13
perez = MY FAVORITE!

Konstantinos Muhtaris at 1:31am June 13
slut.

Konstantinos Muhtaris at 1:34am June 13
Oh wait. I thought I read Paris Hilton. I mix the two up. Both are fame whores.

Katherine Harris at 2:06am June 13
is that how we will be getting our kevin updates from now on? hope the W Hotel rocks!

Rob Czop at 12:26pm June 13
let me know when you see Paris. I just got a video camera.

He isn't a celebrity but he does hold a lot of "blogger media power" and I do respect his schtick. Although drawing a penis on the face of a person he dislikes is pretty immature, the whole product he delivers is quite entertaining. I wasn't wowed by him by any means, it's just a cool memory and a fun story to tell.

No comments: