Wednesday, May 20, 2009

DALE LEVETSKI'S THURSDAY SUPPER CLUB WILL SURELY DELIGHT YOUR TASTEBUDS


I went to to Relax Lounge to enjoy Dale Levetski's (a contestant on Bravo TV's Top Chef) Supper Club last Thursday while I was in Chicago for a few Cubs games. I am so glad I decided to make reservations for this dining experience. Levetski offers a unique 3-course meal every Thursday in this West Town lounge and it was seriously one of the best meals I've had in months. Here is my take on how everything went down:

Atmosphere:
It was my first time at Relax Lounge and it was - REALLY CHILL! I liked the way this place is set up, a lot of thought was put into the design of the space. The tables were close but not right on top of each other and the decor was right up my visual alley.

Food:
First course was a tasty bean and veggie soup. It was a great way to start a meal - perfectly seasoned and left us all wanting MORE!

Main course was shrimp scampi on a risotto cake. The taste of the shrimp and the stickiness of the risotto was seriously delicious. This is the type of main course that you remember the following week and wish you could have it again!

Dessert was Dale's take on strawberry shortcake. I'm not sure how he got the strawberries to melt in my mouth the way they did, it was a perfect end to a VERY delicious meal.

I mentioned to the waitress I wanted to meet Dale and he came out to our table and introduced himself to me and my friends. He was super personable and shared with us that he decides on the meal he is going to prepare by seeing what is fresh/seasonal at the market.

He mentioned he's in the final stages of opening his own restaurant, Town and Country, in the West Loop near Union Station. I can't wait for his new space to open so I can have his food more often!

I also found out our waitress was a chef on the same season of Top Chef as Dale. She is a friend of his from the TV show and will be his su chef when he opens his new restaurant.

For a unique tasty dinner in a cool CHILL environment, I highly recommend having dinner on Thursday at Relax Lounge - Dale is an ALLSTAR and I am sure you will enjoy EVERY meal he prepares for his weekly supper club.

No comments: