Tuesday, March 24, 2009

WINDOW VIBRATING, BOOTIE SHAKING, ROCKING PHILLY BEATS


This past weekend we spent time at home relaxing, running errands, five mile walk along the river with the girls, saw a movie, went grocery shopping, and John made his famous goulash - which ate for three meals. On Sunday night we both went to bed at our normal time, 11 p.m.

Just as I got settled into bed I realized what a bitter old man I've become. Load music across the street was keeping me awake.

I totally understand that the club makes noise on Friday and Saturday nights and we plan accordingly. But Sunday is suppose to be a "school night" and when you have late night bootie music going until 2 a.m., I get pissed. John, on the other hand, can sleep through a train wreck, so it's just me who gets annoyed.

I never thought I would be like this. I might be growing older and bitter quicker than I expected, but when your windows are vibrating from the sounds coming out of the Greek club across the street and you aren't able to sleep - most people would be pissed. 

Random thoughts that ran through my mind: yell at the door man to ask the deejay to turn it down, call 911 and say I'm suffering through a bad European trance due to the bar across the street and need to be saved from my bleeding ears, figure out who the alderman is and email him about the disturbance - then I wondered if they even have alderman or is that a weird Chicago thing because in San Francisco they call them board of directors or something...anyways, lots of random thoughts during the annoying music. 

I finally took a sleeping pill and dealt with the groggy effect it gave me the next day. IRG. Hope I don't have to be this bitter again anytime soon.

No comments: