Saturday, February 28, 2009

SMELLING LIKE AN EAST COAST SOCCER MOM - HAVING TROUBLE DITCHING THE SMELL


I was only half awake in this half photo.

I quickly realized, while standing in a very long line at Target, that I was surrounded by a surplus of east coast soccer moms. I was in a New Jersey Target, so picture me standing in line with a bunch of loud yentas and their screaming kids.

After reflecting on who I was shopping with yesterday, I realized I was one of the only male customers in the store. I have joined the forces of soccer moms of America - as my brother Scott has so eloquently puts it, "You are now a lady who lunches."

I went to two Target stores, Pier One, dry cleaner, grocery store and a few random neighborhood furniture shops equating to a whole lotta soccer mom watching. I need to get at least a part time job quick while I wait to see if I get into a graduate school program I am interested in - I need to kick this mom scent asap!

And an update on being the worst soccer mom in Philly - Our girls are still known as the "mean girls": they don't like other dogs and they bark like crazy when they see other pups in the street. I'm like the Roseanne Barr of dog owners - my girls have this automatic attitude and they aren't afraid to share it with other animals!

THIS WEEK: Work on being a better mom and look for a job...sweeeet!

No comments: