Wednesday, December 24, 2008

ANOTHER JOSH GROBAN SIGHTING IN CHICAGO



I went to dinner with my brother at Rockit Bar and Grill on Friday. We went there without a reservation and enjoyed a couple beers before dinner in the upstairs bar while we waited. We made our way to the main dining room and were seated in a booth in the corner of the room. My friend Melissa and her husband Jim were there too. She came over to our table and I introduced her to my little brother.

We began perusing the menu and chit-chatting about something and a waiter came over to our table, extended his hand to me and said, "I'm Jason, I have had the privilege of serving you five times in the past and wanted to thank you for coming in and let us know if you need anything at all." I think I mumbled an obligatory "THANKS!" and he walked away.

I then tried to remember having him as a waiter when John and I had MANY meals there in the past. My brother asked if he was hitting on me, as he was really good looking guy who most likely was gay. But I didn't really catch that vibe.

It then became obvious, he did this because he thought I was Josh Groban. We had really GREAT service during our dinner. I guess it wasn't to horrible having this happen but I will need to second guess strangers being nice to me in the future.

My all time favorite stranger seeing Josh Groban "incident" was at a benefit for the Lincoln Park Zoo and some older (when I say older I mean seniors out of the nursing home) ladies thought I was hired to sing at the event. It ended with a lot of disappointment when they found out I couldn't sing/wasn't willing to sing. Disappointed older woman at the zoo in their Sunday best - including big fancy hats - equates to pounding as many free drinks as possible and leaving the party REAL quick.

At least no one asked me to serenade them after dinner on Friday, I hate disappointing Josh's fans.

No comments: