Saturday, December 20, 2008

IT FEELS GOOD AND COLD TO BE BACK IN CHICAGO



Yesterday was so much fun, but very cold. I saw Marcos and Jose for breakfast at a diner in Lincoln Park, Natalie Campbell for lunch at Macy's on State Street, my brother Ryan and I had dinner together at Rockit (bumped into Melissa Luebbe and her husband Jim), met Barb at LBC for drinks, we then met Sean at Improv Olympic for their midnight comedy show (randomly met a guy I went to high school with - Jerry Legan - who was working the door of the comedy club) and finished the day dancing at Berlin with Barb where my friend Fernando made an special appearance.

The snowy weather has provided a difficult time maneuvering around the slushy snow on the sidewalks and crosswalks. I have been wearing these great boots I recently purchased from our LA trip, they have been a Godsend! Barb was wearing hi-heels last night, which made it difficult to get in and out of cabs with all the black mushy snow puddles on the curbs and crosswalks.

A whirlwind day/night always makes me think, self, "I'm not going to get all crazy today, I had my fun last night and that was enough for the whole weekend." But I will need to give it the "old college try" because I have an even more hectic schedule of meeting up with people today, but I'm looking forward to it!

The girls told me they were very excited to see us all back as a family on Dec. 30! I am very excited to be back with them as well, but I have been enjoying myself with friends in family in cold Chicago!

No comments: