Monday, November 10, 2008

A ROCKIN PARTY FLASHBACK FROM 1997 AND ENJOYING SOME GEGGY TAH



In 1997 I was going to College of DuPage (COD), junior college, and relied on all of my friends from high school who went away to school for the invites to the cool parties and fun since there was absolutely nothing resembling fun happening within the COD community. Most of my weekend time was spent at Northern Illinois University with Nita and Jennifer.

My good friend Amy Rothery was home for Thanksgiving from Western Illinois University. We met up the night she got home and smoked some dubbies outside this apartment complex located along a lake near our house. She invited a bunch of us to go out and see some of her college friends in the south suburbs. I remember enthusiastically saying yes, take me to a PARTY! Everyone else was a maybe, or had family stuff to do. Lame excuses if you ask me, because I always enjoyed meeting new people. I was thrilled to get out of my hometown and experience something new, even if it was for one night!

Amy drove us out there and on the car ride, played on repeat, we listened to her new Geggy Tah CD. This song, "Whoever You Are" (see video above) was so darn catchy. We jammed to it all there way to the party and then we brought it into the party, listened to it when we first got there, then listened when everyone was there, then when we got tipsy played it again, then on the way home we listened to it again and then again, well you get the point!

Amy's male friends were Ambercrombie models, one especially was super hot, his name was Adam and his got really drunk and started stripping and I was so drooling all over the floor. So I was just enthralled with the beauty I was surrounded in, and had such an amazing time. They had so much booze and their parents were upstairs while we (all under legal age) partied in the basement. Everyone was super nice to us since we were the only new people and didn't know the group. We slept on the floor in their basement and the ride home (Geggy Tah playing on repeat) was one hung over nightmare with getting lost on expressways.

We had so much fun that night and I like to thank Geggy Tah, the one hit wonder, for providing a most excellent song that will be forever tied to my night out with my buddy Amy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought you wanted to marry your BF??? Doesn't sound like it....

KSLATZ said...

Easy, I was telling a story from college.