Thursday, November 13, 2008

JUST CALL ME THE "CONED NASTY TRAVELER"

When was the last time you wanted to crawl into a hole and hide? Today has just been one of those days. IRG!

I wrote this newsletter, which came out two weeks ago. I found out today that there was a huge error in one of the stories. Here is the paragraph with the error:

TasteSF
Culinary consumer marketing campaign featuring the TasteSF micro-site; $350 annually for an enhanced listing, premium rotating banner placement, targeted e-newsletter placement and integration in the print campaign media campaign in Coned Nasty Traveler, Gourmet and Bon Appetit; Ongoing

Yes, I managed to not catch the "Coned Nasty Traveler" (it was suppose to read Conde Nast Traveler) reference in my newsletter that went out to over 5,000 of San Francisco's most important tourism industry professionals.

Embarrassing beyond belief! Especially since this was my first newsletter. I had several people proof the thing and I guess technically we are all to blame, but I am to blame more than anyone else since I am the editor and chief on this piece.

I went home for lunch when I found out. I basically I wanted to crawl into bed and not face my coworkers ever again. I am totally embarrassed. I am just getting to know these people and now I will be forever known at the Coned Nasty Traveler.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're NASTY!

AAWG said...

f-ing hilarious! thank you for the laugh - I needed it.