Monday, October 13, 2008

SOME TIMES YOU WANT TO GO WHERE THE HIPPIES ARE



I had an opportunity to catch up with some real life California hippies, college students and liberal family types out at the "I'm so Berkley Parade" in Berkley, CA.


This float was the best of the afternoon, McCain attached to a nuclear bomb and Bush flicking off everyone in the crowd. Sarah Palin was there too - she was dancing with a shot gun.


It was an awesome morning of fun, I especially loved the art cars where people artistically decorated their car for others amusement. Reminded me of high school when my friend Lisa painted Grateful Dead bears onto this guys car...weeks later he was pulled over and I believe he got in trouble for something illegal, probably pot.


I love fun hippie gatherings - so it was exciting for me to be there and see such great artistic unity at this parade. Will display more photos when time permits me to do so!

No comments: