Thursday, October 9, 2008

ONE MCCAIN-PALIN SUPPORTER FOUND IN SAN FRANCISCO



There is ONE McCain-Palin supporter in San Francisco and he lives in my building. He is as old as McCain, maybe older, and is really passionate about his candidate.

As you can see from the photo above, he has taken his classic Mercedes Benz and made it his GOP ride, decked out with posters, displaying his love for his Republicans running for office. Every day he parks his ride at a meter across the street from our building (which is across the street from AT&T Park - where the Giants baseball team plays) and is often seen handing out fliers and carrying a big VOTE McCain-Palin sign.

While going to lunch the other day, I saw him driving his car with signs hanging all over the car windows, even one sign being displayed out the sunroof. As I got closer to his car I heard him playing very presidential music as he honked his horn to apparently grab the attention of arguably the most liberal city in America.

Last night after going to the gym, I had my IPOD on and walked past him with a megaphone shouting why everyone in this city is confused and need to listen to the McCain-Palin ticket. I walked past him, finally able to confront the annoying Republican plague in my building and very appropriately gave him two big thumbs down, served him a round of boos and ended with VOTE OBAMA 2008 - this was done VERY loud in his face.

I walked away feeling like I might have been too aggressive. Was I really loud because I just went through a painful abs class at the gym and was in pain? Was it the loud dance music playing in my ears pumping me up to let my opinion known? I will chalk it up to listening to him publicly make his feelings known all week and I felt the need to let him know how I felt. VOTE OBAMA!

1 comment:

AAWG said...

It's okay, Kevin. There is a lot of ire in the air lately. Be however your heart tells you to be. Sometimes you'll be quiet, sometimes aggressive, sometimes every shade in between. So what? If it made you feel good at the time, fine.

Just remember, though, that anyone going to the polls already knows who they're voting for & their minds aren't going to change. No fool with a bullhorn and stickers has ever had an affect on people, except to piss them off.