Monday, October 6, 2008

I HEART www.pandora.com


pandora.com, have I told you lately how much I love you?

The best thing about sitting in my cubicle day after day - week after week - is pandora.com. I have to write for my job, and like most people I can't listen to others while I am writing - I think it's because I get into other peoples business too much and can't concentrate on my task at hand. John calls this being in other peoples kool-aid - ANYWAY...music helps me concentrate on what I am doing.

Log onto pandora.com, set up a login and password, enter in your favorite artists, songs, genres of music, etc. and the site forms radio stations for your musical taste.

For example, you type in Jason Maraz and they will play a song from Jason Maraz and then follow up with songs that are similar to that artist. If you like the song, you click on then thumbs up if not thumbs down. Don't like that particular song, skip it. NO commercials or annoying disc jockeys - all music all the time whenever you want it.

The most beautiful part is this website delivers new music you haven't heard and brings back old favorites while you are enjoying the bands you have always loved. If you aren't using pandora.com you should be, it rocks!

And they should hire me to promote them as I have been turning people onto this for a long time and they ALWAYS thank me after.

(Photo is of Ben Harper rocking out at Lollapalooza - taken off Lollapalooza.com)

No comments: