Friday, September 12, 2008

MY 5 A.M. WAKE UP CALL BROUGHT UNEXPECTED HAPPINESS

I woke up at 5 a.m. this morning because my little girl Doris gently wined like she needed to go potty. I jumped up, let her out of her bed/cage and she ran like lightning to the spare bathroom to use her litter box. 

NEEDED BACKGROUND INFO: DeRosa sleeps in the spare bathroom because she can't hold her poop through the night, so her bed is in that bathroom next to the litter box and since Doris is a digger - she eats the walls of the bathroom - she sleeps in our room.

So, Doris runs to the box and pees for a very long time and I of course say, "Good Doris, you went potty in your box!" So, while I was in there, I went pee. While I was peeing, without missing a beat, DeRosa jumps into the litter box and pretends to pee, obviously she didn't want to be the only one not peeing at 5 a.m. I said, "Good girl Rosey" and she began licking my feet. I picked up Doris and we went back to the bedroom and DeRosa went back to sleep without making a sound! 

So, I am so proud of my girls, they are growing up so fast. DeRosa is now one year old and Doris turns 1 very soon. 

No comments: