Thursday, May 20, 2010

Debit MasterCard: Proudly Showing My Chicago Cubs Allegiance

When using my debit card people will ask about my ties to Chicago due to the Cubs logo proudly pictured on my card. It tends to be a pleasant conversation starter - normally people are interested because they love Chicago, are from Chicago, have a friend/aunt/brother living there, etc.

Today, while buying my lunch at a local deli, the owner told me he had to think twice about accepting my debit card because of "what THEY did to my Phillies last night."

That's right…the Cubs won 4-1 versus the defending NL Champion Phillies in Philadelphia. I was very excited to say the least and enjoyed watching the Cubs game on TV. I told the guy, "WELL, today is a new day, who knows what will happen." We both smiled, I signed for my meal and we moved on with our lives.

I've grown up watching the Cubs play on TV and have always went to at least one game with my family while growing up. In recent years I've been lucky enough to be able to purchase tickets for nine games - in the bleachers with my extended Cub family of drunkards and tanning queens.

Since moving way, it's nearly impossible to see my favorite team play and tend to just get the game highlights via my iPhone, Cubs website (Carrie Muskrat is my hero), and watching ESPN.

I miss my Cubbies and hope I get a chance to catch a game or two later this summer. I'm also hoping to make others feel the same way the deli owner felt today...of course they will have to keep winning!

Since they've always been my loveable losers, I really don't see this happening too often – but, like this afternoon - it will make me smile when it does!

2 comments:

Prepaid Mastercard said...

Here is lots of useful information about Prepaid Mastercard also you can directly apply for prepaid mastercard, compare credit cards and prepaid debit cards.

MasterCard Debit said...

Very good content, this content is related to MasterCard Debit. Thanks for great information.