Tuesday, July 21, 2009

VENICE HIRES FIRST EVER FEMALE GONDOLIER



As reported in the Chicago Tribune: Venice's first female gondolier pushes off into uncharted waters. Giorgia Boscolo dreamed of following in her father's gondola wake since girlhood. All she had to do was overcome nine centuries of taboos. Photo from: chicagotribune.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John and I went to Italy last December...it was an amazing trip and Venice was my favorite part.

I would rather see men as gondoliers because they are so unbelievably hot! To be honest, I would be disappointed having a woman rowing me around purely because I'm not into manly-athletic woman.

If you read the full article you will see that hundreds compete for only 40 openings and Boscolo tried three times to get this job and on her winning attempt she came in 22 out of 85 competitors.

She deserves this honor, but I still want a man taking me on a boat ride through the canals of Venice!

Photos by kslatz - some of the hot gondoliers we saw in Venice last December:








No comments: