Monday, June 8, 2009

WEEDS ENDS WITH A FLASH MOB...CUZ IT'S COOL!





One of my very favorite TV shows started its new season on Monday - Weeds - oh how I've missed you so very much! The show ended with a "flash mob" as you can see in the clip above.

I first saw a flash mob last week on youtube.com. More than 200 dancers united for this amazing dance number to a modern-mixed version of "Do Re Mi," in the main train station in Antwerp, Belgium. Dancers who choreograph a dance number to a song in a public place are just plain cool in my book. See the performance here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EYAUazLI9k

New to my list of things I need to do before I die: start a flash mob in a public space and have it video taped for the world to see. After all, flash mobs are very uplifting and I'm not surprised the creative minds on Weeds decided to incorporate this into their show.

Seriously, why hasn't this show been awarded several Emmy Awards by now? They have been nominated but no wins. They should start with giving one to Mary Louise Parker, after all she is the best mother in the whole wide world! Move over momma Brady, June Clever and Marge Simpson, the carefully scripted, often scandalous, Showtime golden child has officially brought the mother of all mothers of our generation to life and she's a total gem of a woman!

No comments: