Friday, February 20, 2009

SPRING TRAINING HAS ARRIVED - GO CUBS!


Photo from chicagotribune.com

I feel like I can breathe a sigh of relief with the news that my treasured Cubbies have started Spring Training in Mesa, Arizona.

Although Chicago will be having a big snow storm blowing through town this weekend, you can feel the warmth of spring right around the corner now that the Cubbies have started to playing ball.

I am fortunate enough to have purchased bleacher tickets for 13 games this season - I know I live in Philadelphia now, I hope to get to as many games as possible, giving the ones I can't attend to friends and family. This year I have two seats and once again I'm looking forward to rooting on my team in the best ballpark in the country.

If I was to describe the feeling of going to a ball game at Wrigley Field to someone who knows nothing about baseball, I would say the experience of watching a ball game in the bleachers on a warm summer day in Chicago is like being in that special place of comfort...maybe the greatest place on earth!

I'm looking forward to another year of great baseball at Wrigley Field - hope to see you out at the old ball game!

No comments: