Wednesday, October 1, 2008

SAY WHAT: BLAGO THE PINIELLA OF POLITICS?


I saw an interesting story in the Sun-Times today. Illinois Governor Rod "Blago" Blagojevich believes he is the Lou Piniella of politics.

"Sometimes when I'm arguing with the Legislature, I feel like Lou Piniella arguing with the umpires. Some of the times I have to make decisions as governor, I ask myself, 'What would Lou do?' Then I make some decisions," Blagojevich said.

Dear Governor Blagojevich,

Cubs fans are asking you to refrain from ANY further comparisons to the great Chicago Cubs manager Lou Piniella. You couldn't even hold Lou Piniella's jockstrap and never will. Please note the following...
  • Piniella has inspired MANY major league baseball players throughout his long career as a manager and has led many of them to victory.
  • You haven't been able to rally our state legislators to pass anything worthwhile and have always been more of a hindrance than a help.
  • Piniella might be going to the World Series this year with a team of talented men who rally together to win baseball games.
  • You will be the second Illinois Governor in a row to go to the slammer for shady politics - and your wife Patti may be joining you.
  • Piniella = Amazing Baseball Manager
  • You = Corrupt, soon to be jailed politician.

You aren't even close to his greatness and I hope you enjoy your time in prison...say hello to George Ryan for us!

Sincerely,

Seriously Offended Cubs Fans

No comments: