Wednesday, October 22, 2008

I HAD A "SAN FRANCISCO MOMENT"



The girls and I went to Crissy Field for a light jog and some picture taking. This is the park directly under the Golden Gate Bridge along the water. We have been blessed with great weather and getting out to clear my head and enjoy the weather is just what I needed after a day at the office.

The girls did well when we jogged, a few barking instances at other dogs and chasing twigs, but that is to be expected with my monsters. When we were taking pictures they were pretty tired from the jog so they behaved, and of course loved when people stopped in their tracks to pet them and give them kisses.

When I was in Chicago working for the Convention and Tourism Bureau my coworker and I always exchanged our "Chicago Moments." Time when we look around at where we were in life, in that moment that we are riding along on the extreme of happiness. Times when even when something goes wrong, you are still happy because you are where you are. Whether it be a sunny day in the bleachers at Wrigley, being a VIP to see a band you love or bumping into the Mayor of Chicago and having a conversation with him at a Tall Ships press conference, I was lucky enough to have many "Chicago Moments."

I'd like to submit yesterday as a new "San Francisco Moment." To clarify, looking back, I have had many since being here but I was a little out of my comfort zone and didn't immediately recognize them. A beautiful evening after work with gorgeous weather and the sun setting behind the Golden Gate Bridge, happy people smiling at me and my cute puppies and best of all, I am living in one of the best cities in the world. Feeling very blessed at the moment.

No comments: