Wednesday, September 3, 2008

MY FAVORITE CUISINE


I had a nice lunch today at this cute pizza place by my work with some coworkers. It really reminds me of eating in Italy, so I am going to be a long time fan! The Gorgonzola pizza, caprese salad are my favorites.

At lunch I was asked what is my favorite cuisine. It's a simple question, but I was like, ummmmm, not sure...so I initially responded steaks and burgers - American Bistro. But when I got to my desk I had an epiphany. I really do love southern comfort food - soul food - but I'm Irish so nothing too spicy ;}~.

I have to admit, like a pregnant lady, I have been craving corn bread, pulled pork, sweet potatoes, black beans and rice, smothered jerk chicken, peach cobbler with vanilla ice cream, YUMMY!

I need to find the equivalent to my 2 favorite Southern cooking Chicago restaurants - which are Wishbone and Dixie Kitchen. I have heard of one San Francisco joint that is southern cooking and a blues/jazz bar, so I should check it out soon and solve my craving. I'll write a review once I try it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That looks so good!