Sunday, September 14, 2008

I RAN ALL 13 MILES IN THE RAIN

I started off in Hyde Park at 7am and I lined up for the race in the rain. I ran all 13 miles and it felt good at the end. I kept thinking, at least it isn't really hot outside. I could have done without the soaked shoes and the heavy wet clothes, but it went as well as it could, finishing with a time of 2 hours and 40 minutes, 10 minutes off my time from last years race.

Shout out to Becky, my running buddy I made on the course, I enjoyed our conversation and it made the time go by faster! 

Thanks to the following friends and family who kindly donated money to Aids Foundation Chicago, sponsoring my training for the race. Together we raised over $1500 for those suffering and effected by this disease in the Chicagoland area. 

Donald Arneberg * Kimberly Erwin * Gina Speckman * Amanda Booth * Jacquie Brave * Rick Nelson * Lydia Polek * Scott Curcio * Darrell Baker * Jennifer Bartel * Scott Slattery * Adam Lieb* Flo Hooper * Susan Kirk * Kathleen Mulvihill * Julie Cameron * Julianne Zerega * Rob Byelich * Erin Slattery * Kristen Doss * Gabby Amato * Lyndell Fong-Jones * Denise Chambers * Ryan Slattery * Lloyd Slattery * Alyssa Fulton * Robyn Traub * Melissa Luebbe 

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of you...sorry I couldn't be there...(planning the Autumn fest...actually worked with Carni's)
Your determination is impressive and I'm so overwhelmed with your drive for accompishment...please bottle and send to Chicago

Anonymous said...

Well done, sir. I was thinking of you as the rains poured down. Hope Adolfo and my marathon is better weather.