Monday, September 15, 2008

ARE YOU WATCHING MAD MEN? YOU SHOULD BE...

My brother Scott recommended I watch cable television's Mad Men, which is currently airing its second season on AMC. I bought the first season a while back and I finally watched all four discs on my plane rides to and from Chicago this past weekend.

This is one of those shows that once you start watching you can't stop. It isn't action packed, or falling off your rocker hilarious. It really isn't suspense filled and doesn't make you want to cry. What draws me to watching every minute is the history of the 60's era, beautiful acting (and pretty actors) and carefully written dialogue. It's a traditional family meets the dirty secrets happening behind close doors combined with the true sexiness of the advertising world.

Below is one of my favorite clips from the first season. I am rooting for John Hamm (the lead actor in this clip) and the rest of the cast at the Emmy Award Show this Sunday.

No comments: